Monday, March 16, 2009

Jessica Simpson's days on the road are over


The singer, 28, played the last show on her "Bob Your Head Tour" (with Rascal Flatts) Saturday in Irvine, Calif.
"I'm just so excited to be here doing this," she told the audience at the the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. "It's a dream come true. I feel like I've been given a second chance."
Simpson made headlines while on the road for her buzzed-about new curves and her tendency to mess up songs.
At her final show, the singer continued to have a few on-stage mishaps.
She flubbed the opening lyrics to "Remember that," a song about being in an abusive relationship.
I said whiskey too early! I messed up!" she said before starting the song over. "I'm so embarrassed! But I'm starting over again because I really
want you guys to hear the lyrics the right way."
While singing "Still Don't Stop Me", she also mixed up the opening line, blushing and running her fingers through her hair.
"I messed up again! I do this all the time!" she said, laughing.
At times, Simpson got sentimental, covering the Robbie Williams ballad "Angels."
"I know that we all feel that we have angels around us, watching over us all the time," she said. "It's so important to remember that."
(Fans erupted in applause at the end of that song, prompting Simpson to joke, "I just felt like I was on American Idol!"
As she's done at most of her shows, she also thanked beau Tony Romo before belting out "You're My Sunday, which she dedicated to the "person
I'm in love with right now."
Simpson closed the show with "Come On Over," which she dedicated to Dolly Parton.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hot Bikini Wallpaper

UPDATES Bollywood CELEBRITY NEWS FOR YOU

Todays Live Online Sports News